Content

 


GRAMMAR:

Unit 7 

Present Progressive or Continuous

We use it to express actions that are happening in this momento, actions that are in progress.

I am teaching.

He is running in the park.

We are studying English.

Structure:

Negative form:
Spelling:
Time expressions:
Questions:
1.   Yes/No questions
2.   Wh-questions / Information questions

Subject + am/is/are + verb in base form + ing + comp.

She is studying Mathematics.

Verb to be:

I am

You are

He is

She is

It is                             it = a car / a book / a house / an apple

We are

You are

They are                        cars / two books

 

I am teaching.

(-) I am not teaching.

(-) Im not teaching.

He is running in the park.

He is not running in the park.

He isn’t running in the park.

He’s not running in the park.

We are studying English.

We are not studying English.

We aren’t studying English.

Were not studying English.

Study = He is studying.

Come = They are coming

See = it is seeing

Do = I am doing

Run = We are running

cvc= Consonant+vowel+consonant

put = she is putting the cutlery.

Today

Now

Right now

In this moment

At the moment

This ……….

These……..

Look

Listen

I listen (listen) to the radio every day. (simple present)

I am listening (listen) to the radio right now. (present progressive)

He is listening to music. 

Is he listening to music?

Yes, he is

No, he isn’t

Are you studying?    Yes I am  / No, I’m not

- What are you studying? ¿Qué estás estudiando?

I am studying English

- When are you studying?

I am studying every day.

- Where are you studying?

I am studying at home.

- Who are you studying with?

I am studying with my friends

- Why are you studying English?

Because it is necessary for my career.

Because I like it.

Because it is mandatory.

Because it is necessary to get a good job.

- Who is teaching you English?

Teacher Hernán is teaching me English.

What (Qué)

Where (Dónde)

When (Cuándo)

Which (Cuál)

Who (Quién)

Why (Por qué)

How (Cómo)         

Your ……. Is different than YOU

HE or SHE 

Is your best friend?

         He/she 

Are your friends

              They

Hernán is working

He is working

Hes (correct)

He´s (incorrect) 

Unit 8 

Grammar



 

Grammar:

How much =¿Cuánto cuesta?

How much is this car? ¿Cuánto cuesta este carro?

 

 

Singular

Plural

This (near)

These (near)

That (we point the object)

Those (we point the objects)

 

How much is this computer?

It’s $600

This = esto, esta, este

 

How much are these computers?

They’re $1.000

These = estos, estas

 

How much is that computer?

It’s $800

That = eso, esa, ese

How much are those computers?

They’re $2.000

Those = esos, esas

Unit 9


Comentarios

Entradas populares